Create a Room
Who can use this guide?
- Room Owners
- All Plans
Owning a Room
Every Whereby meeting takes place in a "room" with its own customizable link that doesn’t change (unless you want it to). Share your room link or join a meeting with a single click. Guests knock to enter and hosts let them in. Personal rooms are ideal for small meetings of up to 4 people, and bigger gatherings of up to 50 can be held in team rooms. When you create a room you're assuming ownership of the virtual space, and you'll have the ability to:
- Remove or manage a meeting participant
- Enable/disable integrations
- End Meeting for All
- Select different background colors and overlays on the Free plan
- Customize the background, logo, and knock page on Pro and Business plans
- Use the room name for all future meetings
Upgrade to a Pro or Business plan to get additional, bigger rooms. Upgraded rooms host up to 50 people, with 12 visible over video at any given time. These paid plans unlock features like in-meeting recording and custom branding. Add-on to your plan, upgrade your account, or cancel anytime.
Create a Room on Desktop
Create a Room on iOS
- To create a room on iOS, start by logging in to your account.
- From the home page, tap the Create Room button, and type in the room name that you want to Create.
After clicking Create room, you'll be taken directly to the room where you can copy the link and invite your guests!
Create a Room on Android
- Start by going to https://whereby.com on your phone's browser, and log in to your Whereby account if you haven't already (we recommend using Chrome)
- If you don't have any rooms attached to your account, you'll automatically be prompted to create a room. If you have a Pro account and you're creating additional rooms, click the Add Room button and go to Step 3.
- In the popup window, type the name of the room you want to create and click Add room. We'll let you know if the room already exists!
- Once you're in the room, you can invite users by tapping on the Share Link button, or by copying the room URL and sharing it.