Create a Room
Who can use this guide?
Owning a Room
When you create a room you're assuming ownership of the virtual space, and you'll have the ability to:
- Lock the room
- Kick any unwanted visitors
- Customize the background, logo, and knock page (Pro features)
- Use the room name for all future meetings
Create a Room on Desktop
Create a Room on iOS
- To create a room on iOS, start by logging in to your account.
- From the home page, tap the Create Room button, and type in the room name that you want to Create.
After clicking Create room, you'll be taken directly to the room where you can copy the link and invite your guests!
Create a Room on Android
- Start by going to https://whereby.com on your phone's browser, and log in to your Whereby account if you haven't already (we recommend using Chrome)
- If you don't have any rooms attached to your account, you'll automatically be prompted to create a room. If you have a Pro account and you're creating additional rooms, click the Add Room button and go to Step 3.
- In the popup window, type the name of the room you want to create and click Add room. We'll let you know if the room already exists!
- Once you're in the room, you can invite users by tapping on the Share Link button, or by copying the room URL and sharing it.
Free users can only create one room on their account. If you want to create more than one room, you'll need to subscribe to our Pro service.