Troubleshooting Host Privileges
Hosts joining the meeting with a
hostRoomUrl should have access to the following features:
- Lock and unlock the meeting.
- Remove, mute, and spotlight meeting participants.
- Enter locked rooms without knocking.
- Start and stop Breakout Groups.
- Start and stop a recording.
If your hosts are reporting they don't have access to the above features, there are a few things to check to make sure everything is set up correctly.
Host privileges will only become available available in a room 1 hour before the meeting's
startDate. All start and end times are in UTC, but other time zones are supported by including an offset in hours and minutes during the creation request. For example, Eastern Standard Time (EST) would be expressed as
Check your hostUrl to make sure you've properly separated the "roomkey" and "minimal" parameters with "&". For example: