Updates & Improvements
At Whereby, everything we do is driven by our vision to make flexible working a reality. Below you'll find a list of the consistent updates and improvements we're making each week to work towards that. If you have any concerns or requests, feel free to reach out!
December 1- 11, 2020
- Sometimes it's important to direct the attention of the viewers in your room to a specific person. Now you can make sure to highlight your presenters and speakers so everyone know who to follow with our new feature Spotlight!
- We've improved our "Picture in Picture" pop-out to include the emoji reactions of everyone in your room! Now you can have a better read on the room while sharing your presentation. Check out all our best screen sharing tips guide to learn more.
November 9 - 13, 2020
- We added the option for free users to choose from some pre-set backgrounds and colors. When in your room, you can adjust the background via the meeting settings.
October 19 - 23, 2020
- Our iOS app has been updated to improve the meeting layout for larger meetings, participant menus, chat visuals, and other under the hood improvements!
October 12 - 16, 2020
- The team page has been updated to allow for sending multiple invitations at once! You can now copy and paste in email addresses separated by commas. Learn how to add Users to your organization
- Our Business dashboard has been updated to updated to display recently visited rooms!
October 5 - 9, 2020
- Someone running late for your meeting? Learn more about Whereby while you wait! We've added a features section to our help area for you learn all about what Whereby has to offer. Access the help area via the question mark in the lower left corner of any Whereby room.
September 28 - Oct 2, 2020
- The YouTube integration has been improved so that room participants can control video volume and full screen view locally!
- Emojis are a great way to communicate during meetings and showcasing your opinions! We improved how the chat feed handles emojis by grouping them together to make things easier to read.
September 21 - 25, 2020
- We simplified the in room settings to be easier to navigate! Images and instructions
- Users in business can now favorite rooms for easier access. Do this by selecting the star when hovering your mouse over a room name in the dash board.
September 14 - 18, 2020
- We improved room search results within business dashboards.
- Users on Mac or Windows can now share their computer’s audio with the rest of the room in a Whereby meeting. More on that in our Screen Sharing guide.
- Business users now have improved options to filter personal or team rooms, in addition to room searching.
- Screen sharing with audio is now marked so it's easier to locate the tab being shared. We also added local volume and mute controls for meeting participants.
- The Screen sharing menu has been improved to display who has started the share.