I can't see/hear everyone in my meeting
The most common reason for these issues is related to connections not being established between you and your guests.
For most users, this is related to network security, for example a VPN or a firewall.
- If you have a VPN try disabling it and reconnecting to the room
- If you have a firewall, try configuring it with our basic setup recommendations
- Try connecting via an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot
If the above recommendations don't resolve the issue, we do have a more detailed guide on this here. Another option is to do is some more focused troubleshooting with our support team. To facilitate the discussion, please include the following details when you write in:
- A description of what's happening, for example if you are unable to see all or some or your guests, or if your guests can't see you or other participants in the room
- Details on what troubleshooting you've already tried
- The date and time (including time zone) of when this most recently happened, as well as the room link where it happened
- Any other details that you'd like to include that could be helpful in investigating further!
Since we are browser based, it is important to make sure that everyone's set up is up to par with our set up. We have found that in the past if someone is not able to see/hear or be seen/heard it might be related to their permissions, browser or even network.
Below are some tips on how to resolve this issue:
Clearing Cache and Cookies
It could be possible that another platform is taking microphone access so a quick way to fix this is to clear your cache and cookies. Below you can find further instructions depending on the browser you are using
There have been reports in the past where similar issues happen when a connection is made through a Safari or Edge browser. For good practice, we recommend using some of our more seasoned veterans such as Chrome or Firefox to see if the issue persists.
While Edge & Safari are supported browsers of our technology (WebRTC), these browsers are still somewhat new to providing support to that technology and the WebRTC community has a few bug reports open with their development team that we are advocating to get fixed. Unfortunately since we are 100% browser based we are at the mercy of these dev teams to for some bug fixes on their side.
First I would recommend reading through the troubleshooting article below to make sure your network meets all of our recommendations.
If you are still running into issues, please let us know by email us at email@example.com. If you are on our Pro or Business plan you can send us a message directly from your room.