Does Whereby have an API?
We've recently started building out a Meetings API, which will allow for programatic creation and deletion of rooms as well as embedding. We've found this is perfect for creating one-time use rooms for interviews, or managing your rooms in a more automated way.
This is separate piece of our product portfolio and does have a specific pricing structure. If you're interested in getting started with the API, get in touch with our team here: https://getstarted.whereby.com/information/product-api/.
For more information on using the API, check out our documentation here, https://whereby.dev/.
Please note that you are responsible for your use of the Whereby, including the lawfulness of any content displayed, shared, uploaded or otherwise made available by you in the Service (“the User Content”).
Prohibited User Content includes, without limitation, content which:
- is offensive, such as User Content that engages in, endorses or promotes racism, bigotry, discrimination, hatred, harassment or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- displays or links to pornographic, sexually explicit or any other indecent material;
- promotes or endorses false or misleading information or illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- promotes or endorses an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work;
- infringes on other’s trademarks, copyright or legal rights
- contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images;
- solicits passwords or personal data from other users; or
- violates the rights of or harms or threatens the safety of other users or the Service.
- shares Personal information about others, without their consent
User Content includes room names, and you are responsible for ensuring room names does not include Prohibited User Content (as listed below). Your room names are used to construct the URLs identifying your rooms, and guests you invite and other third parties can (request to) enter your rooms based on these URLs. As these guests do not need to authenticate to Whereby in order to do this, please be aware that room names must be considered public information. Do not include any information that you consider personal information in room names.