Who can use this feature?
Notifications will let you know when someone enters or wants to enter your room, and can be set up on your browser or iOS device. We'll make sure you never miss a visitor again!
Our notifications for Chrome and Firefox don't require an extension, so there's no need to clutter up your browser with more extensions.
The first time you enter a Whereby room you've Created, you'll have to go into room settings to enable notifications. Below is a GIF demonstrating on how to turn them on.
- Go to the room of your choice. (For Business Users this will be your personal room)
- Click on the Settings icon in the upper-right corner of the room.
- Select Device and scroll down to click on Advance device settings.
- Toggle the Notification switch to be on.
- Click Allow in the Chrome pop up to enable Notifications.
Once you allow notifications you will be notified whenever a user knocks or enters your room. You will need to have your browser open to receive the notifications but do not need to be in your room or on the Whereby website.
We do not send notifications if you have your Whereby room on an active browser tab. We do this because we don't want to interrupt a meeting in progress, so we assume the room is in use if the tab is active
Confirm Notification Settings
If you do not receive a prompt to allow notifications when you enter a room that you own. It may be that you have already dismissed or blocked notifications on your browser. To check this, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to your browser's settings page (you can type in chrome://settings/content/notifications in your URL bar).
If Whereby is under the Block section switch it to Allow.
Navigate to your browser's settings page (you can type in about:preferences#privacy in your URL bar).
Scroll down to the Permissions section and click the Settings button next to Notifications.
If Whereby is under the Block section switch it to Allow and click Save Changes.