As of March 1st, 2019, new or updated Pro subscriptions will no longer have the Room Members feature. These instructions only apply to legacy accounts.
About Room Members
Pro room owners can use the Room Member feature to assign other Whereby users as admins of their room.
When a user is a Member of a room, they have the following abilities in that room:
- Lock and Unlock that room
- Enter that room while it's Locked
- Kick other users from the room
- Receive notifications for the room when other users enter
Add a Member to Your Room
Members can only be added by the Room Owner (i.e. the Pro account owner). To get started, log in to your Pro account, and enter the room you'd like to assign a Member to. Then click on the Settings option in the top tool bar to open up the room settings, and follow the instructions below:
1. Click on the Invite members button
2. Type the email address of the user you'd like to add as a Member. You can click the +Add more link to add additional emails. Once you have all the relevant user emails added, click Send invite.
3. The user(s) you invited will get a notification in their inbox asking them to accept the request, and explaining what Members are able to do. They can accept the invite by clicking the Accept invitation link in the email.
We recommend that the user you're inviting is already logged in to their account before clicking the Accept invitation link. In the current build, it's possible that the user will mistakenly create a new account through the invite link which may cause confusion.
However, if the user you're inviting doesn't have a Whereby account, they can create a new account from the invitation link!
4. If everything goes correctly, you'll see the Success screen, and you can start taking advantage of your Member benefits!
A user that is a Member of a room can enter the room at any time, even if it's Locked. We recommend keeping one of your 10 Pro rooms private by not having any Members in it. This way you can guarantee that someone won't accidentally interrupt a meeting!
Remove a Member from Your Room
Removing a Member from a room can be done by the Room owner from the room settings menu. Once you're in the room settings menu, you'll see a list of the Members for your room at the bottom of the menu. To remove a Member, hover over their name and click on the three dots that appear. This will open a secondary menu where you can Remove Membership.