Meeting Controls on Android
In this article
We introduced the Room Lock as a way to guarantee that conversations in your room are private, and so that other users can't join mid-meeting and interrupt by accident. We recommend keeping your room Locked at all times after you've Created it, and only Unlocking it if you're expecting a lot of users to join and don't want to have to let each one in.
Lock/Unlock the Room
On Android you can Lock or Unlock your room by clicking on the gear icon in the top right corner, and then moving the Lock switch to change the state.
Let in Knocking Users
If you're on the go, you can still Let in Knocking users from your Android device with the instructions below.
- When someone Knocks you'll see a notification show up above the People button.
- Tap on the People button, and you'll see a picture of the person that's Knocking
- You can tap on Let In to allow the person to join the room, or tap on the Respond option to put the user on Hold or Reject them. The user will get a notification with more information if you choose one of the Respond options.
When you're in a meeting, there are many different options you can use on a per-user basis depending on what your role in the room is and what you need to do. All of these options can be accessed by tapping on the three dots next to someone's name. Note that some features like the Remove option are only usable by Room Admins.
- Zoom In/Out: Zoom In or Out on someone's feed
- Mute: Locally Mute the user (this doesn't must the user for everyone in the room)
- Maximize/Minimize: Make that user's feed that largest on your device
- Fullscreen: Make that user's feed take up your entire screen
- Remove: Temporarily remote the user from your room
On Android, you can access many different controls from the Room Toolbar. This hides automatically so you have more room to see participants, but you can access it by tapping on the screen. From left to right the options are:
- Turn Camera On/Off
- Turn Microphone On/Off
- Open the Chat
- Open the People tab
- Leave the Room
You can tap on your camera image to swap between your front and back camera