In this article
Your Room Controls can all be found from the Settings menu. You can access this by clicking on the gear icon in the top right corner of the screen, next to your profile image. From there, you can access settings to change the Room Size, and Lock your room.
Changing the Room Size is a feature available to Pro and Business customers. It allows you to hose more participants in your room (up to 12), thanks to a central server that handles a part of the load. You can change the Room Size from the settings menu.
Simply use the dropdown menu to set the room size. After selecting a size, the room will refresh for all participants so the changes can take effect.
We introduced the Room Lock as a way to guarantee that your conversations in the room a private, and so that other users can't join mid-meeting and interrupt by accident. We recommend keeping your room Locked at all times after you've Created it, and only Unlocking it if you're expecting a lot of users to join. If users show up late to a meeting that you've already Locked, they can Knock to be let in!
Lock/Unlock the Room
- To Lock the room, click on the gear icon to open up the settings menu
- Use the toggle switch to Lock or Unlock the room
Let in Knocking Users
If a user tries to enter your room when it's Locked, they'll be taken to your Knock Page. This lets the user know that the room can't be entered without permission, and gives the user the option to Knock to be let in.
When a user Knocks, the Room Owner will get a notification that someone would like to join the meeting. A Knocking User can either be Let In straight away, or you can click on the Respond button to Reject the user or put them on Hold temporarily.
When you're in a meeting, there are many different options you can use on a per-user basis depending on what your role in the room is and what you need to do. All of these options can be accessed by hovering over the user and clicking on the three dots that appear in the top right corner of their feed. Below you'll find descriptions of what each option does.
- Mute - Locally mute the participants mic on your machine (this does not mute them for everyone on the call)
- Maximize - Make this participant the largest video feed on your screen
- Remove - Remove this user from your room (only available to the Room Owner)
- Fullscreen - Make this participant's feed take up your entire screen
Note that the Enlarge, Fullscreen, and Disable Sound options are also available when you hover over the user's video feed for quick access.
When you're in a room, you have a number of different options that are available in the Room Toolbar at the bottom of the screen. These options allow you to do things like temporarily mute your mic or cam, and also where sharing features like screen sharing can be accessed. See below for descriptions of each option.
- Cam - Disable or enable your camera
- Mic - Disable or enable your microphone
- Share - Share your screen with participants in the room
- Rec - Record your meeting (only available in the Pro plan with the Recording Add-On or the Business plan)
- Chat - Open the Chat pane to type to other participants in the room. You can also hover over the button to access Reactions.
- People - Open the People pane to see other participants
- Leave - Leave the meeting room
We've recently introduced some shortcuts for disabling your Cam and Mic, as well as opening the chat. This way you can focus on your meeting and still control your devices with ease! Below are the shortcut keys to press on your keyboard and what they do
- V - Enable/disable your camera
- M - Enable/disable your mic
- C - Open the chat window