Manage Your Account Profile and Data
In this Article
Upload or Change your Profile Picture
- Open up the Profile area at https://whereby.com/user/profile
- Click on the Upload button to upload a file from your computer for your profile image. If you want to remove an existing image click on the Reset button.
- You will see a preview of what your new profile picture will look like after the image uploads. Click the Save button if everything looks good, or click Cancel if you'd like to use a different picture
Change your Profile Details
Next to your profile picture are your account details. In order from top to bottom, they are your Display Name and your Login Email. These have been explained in detail below:
Display Name: This is the name that shows beneath your video feed when you're in a room. You can change this by clicking in the field and then Saving the change
Login Email: This is the email you use to log in to Whereby. You can change this by clicking in the field and replacing it with the new email. We'll send a confirmation code to the email you typed in, and to confirm the change the code needs to be entered in the popup.
Export All of Your Data
Per GDPR regulations, we allow all registered users the ability to export and download all user data that we have stored in our servers. This is exported in JSON format, and can be used in any way you see fit once downloaded.
- Start at the Profile Page
- From here click on Privacy in the left menu
- Scroll down until you reach the section Your Data
Manage Email Consents
Per GDPR guidelines, we have built in a way for you to manage your consents for the various types of emails we send our users. You can manage these consents from your Profile page!
- Start by at the Profile page
- Click on Privacy in the left menu
- Scroll down until you reach the Consents section
From this screen you can manage the type of emails that you want to receive from us, or the type of data that you're OK with us using to improve the Whereby experience!
At the moment there isn't a way to delete your account/data from within the Android or iOS apps, so this will need to be done on your computer.
- Start by logging in to your account and going to http://whereby.com/
- From here, click on your profile picture and username in the top right hand corner to go to your profile page. Alternatively you can go directly to https://whereby.com/user/profile if you're already logged in.
- From the Profile page, click the "Show more settings" link, and then click on the Delete your account link. Follow the prompts to confirm the deletion. This will delete all user and account data, and will remove you from any Whereby mailing lists