Join or Create a Whereby room on iOS
In this article
Before you start
If you don't already have the iOS app installed on your device, download it from the App Store
- Open up the app and tap on the Join Existing Room option
- Enter the room name you are joining and click "Join Room"
- If it's your first time using Whereby, you will see a screen prompting you to allow mic and cam access. Tap on the Allow Camera and Microphone button and follow the system prompts
If you have a weak network connection, or if you just want to cut down on your data usage, Audio Only mode is a great tool to have! With this feature you won't receive or send any video data, and you'll only receive the audio data. There are two ways that you can enable Audio Only Mode.
From your Account Dashboard (account required)
You're able to join your own room from your Account Dashboard in one tap! Simply tap on the Microphone icon next to the room name and you'll join the room in Audio Only Mode
From the Room Settings Menu
If you're joining another person's room, you can enable Audio Only mode after you've connected to the meeting. After joining the room, click on the gear icon in the top right hand corner of the screen, and choose audio only from the sidebar list
- Open up the app and sign in to your account. Then click the Create a Room button on the homepage
- Type in the room name that you'd like to create. We'll double check that another user hasn't already created it, and then you can tap Create Room to create and enter the room
- If you want to invite people to your room after creating it, tap the Share Room Link button and select the way you want to share the room URL